SBI launches doorstep banking services at select branches! Check details
Doorstep banking service includes cash pickup, cash delivery, cheque pickup, cheque requisition slip pickup, form 15H pickup, delivery of drafts, delivery of term deposit advice, life certificate pickup etc.
New Delhi: India’s largest public sector bank The State Bank of India has launched doorstep banking services for senior citizens account holders and differently abled customers. SBI account holders will be able to avail certain services at select SBI branches. It may be noted that doorstep banking service is available to only fully KYC-compliant customers.
Account holders with a valid registered mobile number within 5 Km radius of their home branch will be able to avail these services. Customers with accounts that are operated jointly will not be able to avail these services. The service will also be unavailable for minor account and accounts of non-personal nature.
According to the bank’s official release, eligible account holders will be able to avail the service at a fee of Rs 100 per transaction in case of financial transaction and Rs 60 in case of non-financial transactions. Different abled and infirm account holders will have to submit their medical certificate and register at their home branch to avail the doorstep banking services.
Doorstep banking service includes cash pickup, cash delivery, cheque pickup, cheque requisition slip pickup, form 15H pickup, delivery of drafts, delivery of term deposit advice, life certificate pickup and KYC documents pickup.
Here are some things you need to know about the service:
1. Registration for the service is done at the home branch.
2. Requests for doorstep banking services should be made only at the home branch till such time development at contact centre is completed.
3. The amount of cash withdrawal and cash deposit is restricted to Rs 20,000 per transaction per day.
4. Service charges per visit for non-financial transactions is Rs 60+GST and Rs 100+GST for financial transactions.
5. Withdrawal will be permitted using cheque/withdrawal form with passbook.
6. The delivery would be completed on the best effort basis but not later than T+1 working day (holidays excluded).