The Government of India (GoI) Web Directory is a one-point source to access all Indian Government Websites at all levels and from all sectors.
Information provided in the directory
The GoI Directory lists the Indian Government websites under the following domains
- Union Government websites of union Government Apex bodies, Legislatures, Ministries, Departments, Organizations, Academics/Institutions, Autonomous Bodies etc..
- State & Union Territory Government websites of State & Union Territory Government Apex bodies, Legislatures, Departments, Organizations, Academics/Institutions, Autonomous Bodies etc..
- District Administration websites of District administration & Local bodies like Municipalities, Town/Village Panchayats etc..
- Judiciary websites of Supreme Court of India, High Courts, District Courts, Tribunals/Boards and other Judicial entities
- International websites of Indian missions in other countries, Foreign Missions in India as well as UN and other International Organisations in India.
- Sectors – The Websites in the GOI Directory are also grouped and listed under 30 different Sectors like Agriculture, Education, Health, Tourism etc..
The content in this Directory is the result of a collaborative effort of various Indian Government Ministries and Departments, at the Central/State/District level. It is our endeavour to continue the enhancement and enrichment of this Directory in terms of website coverage, design and technology on a regular basis.
Information search in the portal
Browsing & Navigation
Users can browse GoI Directory by category like Union/State Government, Judiciary, International etc.. OR by Sectors like Agriculture, Education, Health, Tourism etc. The Site Map OR the Help section for more information and tips on how to browse/navigate the GOI Directory.
The Basic Search enables users to search for a website using word OR phrase in site Title OR URL. The Advanced Search enables users to search within a category like Union/State Government, Judiciary, and International etc. One can also restrict hes / her search to a specific sector like Agriculture, Education, Tourism etc