1. Reliance Jio has a new tool for your smartphone: All you need to know
Telecom giant Reliance Jio has launched a new application for smartphone users in India. Called the Jio Browser app, this application is the latest internet browser on the block. If you’re wondering what all it offers and if it is any different from the existing internet browsers look no further.
2. The Jio Browser app is only available for Android users.
3. The Jio Browser app already has over 1,000,000 downloads.
4. The app doesn’t require users to have a Jio connection. This means that it is not exclusive for Jio users but can be used by all Android users.
5. There is no word on the availability of the app for iPhone users so far.
6. According to Reliance Jio, “JioBrowser by Jio is one of the first Indian browsers that’s developed keeping the Indian users in mind.”
7. Jio Browser supports 8 Indian languages including Hindi, Gujarati, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Kannada, and Bengali.
8. Users can change the language of the app by tapping on Settings — Change language — Select language — OK.
9. The Jio Browser app has a very low memory requirement and weighs only 4.8MB in size.
10. On the homepage, users will get latest news updates from politics, entertainment, sports, technology and more.
11. The Jio Browser comes with a dedicated video section for news updates.
12. Users can also select the ‘local’ News category of Jio Browser and get updated with the events happening in your neighbourhood.
13. The Jio Browser supports private browsing, which is support for Incognito mode that allows users a private browsing experience.
14. Like most other internet browsers, Jio Browser also lets users bookmark pages and share link with their contacts via various social media channels.
15. The Jio Browser app also comes with voice input support, which means that it will fetch relevant search results on the basis of users’ voice command.
16. Users can also select the display size of the text on the Jio Browser app.