Register with Employment Exchange
An Employment Exchange is an organisation that provides employment assistance on the basis of qualification and experience. The Departments of Employment in various States of India allow unemployed educated youth residing in the respective States to pre-register for impending job vacancies occurring in different sectors of that State.
Employment Exchanges have been renamed as “Employment Guidance and Promotion Centres“ as the focus is now on vocational guidance and career counselling besides registration, submission, placement, etc.
Employers can post their vacancies with employment exchanges and choose from among the registered candidates as per their requirements. Establishments in the private sector employing between 10–24 persons are being brought under the purview of the Act-The Employment Exchanges (Compulsory Notification of Vacancies) Act, 1959 for the purpose of submission of returns. This is likely to result in a more realistic estimate of employment in the organised sector. The employer is being mandated to furnish information relating to the result of selection against the vacancies notified within thirty days from the date of selection, to make the registration data more rational. The definitions of employee and employer are being broad based to include contract labour who have worked for more than 240 days in a year.
- Job seekers can search for suitable jobs based on their qualification
- The registered job seekers can check their status on the job waiting-list online.
- The unique Registration Number provided by Employment Exchange can be a reference while applying for jobs, especially government jobs.
- Whenever government vacancies are announced, list of registered members with suitable educational profiles are forwarded to respective employers for consideration.
Online Registration Process
- Please visit State Employment Exchange website for online registration.
- If you are not a registered member, you need to register to create your account.
- Log in to State Employment exchange website with your credentials.
- Select the district name. In case of certain states, your native state and district details are also asked for. Hence follow the instructions given in the respective state portal.
- Fill the profile form. On submission of the form, an acknowledgement containing the Registration Number, Registration Date and Name of the Employment Exchange is generated.
- This acknowledgement may be printed and kept for future reference.
- Produce all relevant certificates in support of education, experience, caste, sports, handicapped (issued by Medical Board/CMO), ex-serviceman, widow, freedom fighter and proof of residence etc. to the Employment Exchange mentioned within 15 days from the date registration. The time limit may vary from state to state.
- Apart from the above documents you need to submit one of the following documents as residence proof :
- Ration Card.
- Voter ID Card.
- Certificate from Municipal Councilor/Sarpanch.
- Proof of job in the State of either of the parents.
- Certificate of Education in the State.
- Letter from gazetted officer or school head.
- Certificate issued by an MLA/MP.
- Domicile Certificate.
- Finally, Employment Exchange will issue you a registration card carrying Registration No with date of renewal of that registration.
Offline Registration Process
Note: For offline registration, users will have to visit their nearest Employment Exchange with all up-to-date qualification documents and experience certificates.
- Visit nearest employment exchange office in your area of residence and fill up the required application form.
- Submit attested photocopies of all your up-to-date education and experience-related certificates along with your resume.
- Caste Certificate (optional) and photographs.
- Experience Certificate, if you have
- Produce any one of the following identity documents
- Voter’s Identity Card
- Ration Card
- Birth Certificate
- Domicile Certificate
- After registration, you will be issued a registration number.
State Wise Employment Exchange Website Links
|Arunachal Pradesh||Click here for Arunachal Pradesh Employment Exchange website|
|Bihar||Click here for Bihar state Employment Exchange website|
|Chhattisgarh||Click here for Chhattisgarh state Employment Exchange website|
|Delhi||Click here for Delhi state Employment Exchange website|
Click here for Delhi state Employment Exchange registration instructions
|Gujarat||Click here for Gujarat state Employment Exchange website|
|Haryana||Click here for Haryana state Employment Exchange website|
|Himachal Pradesh||Click here for Himachal Pradesh state Employment Exchange information|
Click here for Himachal Pradesh state Employment Exchange website
|Jammu & Kashmir||Click here for Jammu & Kashmir state Employment Exchange website|
|Jharkhand||Click here for Jharkhand state Employment Exchange website|
|Karnataka||Click here for Karnataka state Employment Exchange website|
|Kerala||Click here for Kerala state Employment Exchange website|
|Madhya Pradesh||Click here for Madhya Pradesh state Employment Exchange website|
|Maharashtra||Click here for Maharashtra state Employment Exchange website|
|Manipur||Click here for Manipur state Employment Exchange website|
|Meghalaya||Click here for Meghalaya state Employment Exchange website|
|Mizoram||Click here for Mizoram state Employment Exchange website|
|Odisha||Click here for Odisha state Employment Exchange website|
|Puducherry||Click here for Puducherry Employment Exchange website|
|Punjab||Click here for Punjab state Employment Exchange website|
|20||Tamilnadu||Click here for Tamilnadu state Employment Exchange website|
|21||Telangana||Click here for Telangana state Employment Exchange website|
|Tripura||Click here for Tripura state Employment Exchange website|
|Uttar Pradesh||Click here for Uttar Pradesh state Employment Exchange website|
|Uttarkhand||Click here for Uttarkhand state Employment Exchange website|
|West Bengal||Click here for West Bengal state Employment Exchange website|