Imagine a situation where you are going to a government organization for a specific work. But employees are not helping to pass your file without bribe. Now you are helpless and don’t know to whom you should complaint. In this article, information about online complaint filing process against government organizations is provided. The Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances operates an online platform i.e PG portal (Public Grievance portal) to enable the citizens to file complaints in a hassle free manner.
Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances
The Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances is the nodal agency to formulate policy guidelines for citizen-centric governance in the country. Redress of citizens’ grievances, being one of the most important initiatives of the department, DAR&PG formulates public grievance redress mechanisms for effective and timely redressal / settlement of citizens’ grievances.
Process to file complaints
- Visit pgportal.gov.in
- Visit the “CITIZEN CORNER” box in the portal. You will find the following three options made available.
- LODGE YOUR GRIEVANCE HERE
- REMINDER/CLARIFICATION ON PAST GRIEVANCE and
- VIEW STATUS OF YOUR GRIEVANCE
- Click “LODGE YOUR GRIEVANCE HERE” for filing a fresh complaint. Webpage will redirect to grievance registration form.
- In grievance registration form, user needs to select whether the organisation is “Central or State government” . Then select the department from drop down box. If you are not sure about the department or if the name of the department is not available in drop down options, you can select “NOT KNOWN/NOT LISTED”. If you select “NOT KNOWN/NOT LISTED” then The Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances will forward the complaint to the respective department after reviewing the complaint.
- Apart from above, user needs to write few personal details like name, address, contact details etc.
- In the area provided for writing the complaint, the user needs to enter his/her complaint. Users can also upload the supporting document and any other details by clicking on YES option in “Do you want to upload PDF Attachment”.
- Finally, user needs to enter the CAPTCHA code and click on submit.
After successful registration, user will get registration number by which user can trace the status of the complaint. User can get status of complaint by clicking on “VIEW STATUS OF YOUR GRIEVANCE” in home page of PG portal. User can also send reminder or clarification by clicking on “REMINDER/CLARIFICATION ON PAST GRIEVANCE”.
Redress Process Flow
The time limit for redress of grievance is Sixty (60) days. In case of delay an interim reply with reasons for delay is required to be given. In case of non-redress of a grievance within the prescribed time, the citizen may take up the matter with the Director of Public Grievances of the Ministry/Department concerned whose details are available on the pgportal.gov.in.