The e-ticketing arm of Indian railways, the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) will now soon credit the entire amount of your ticket if your train stands cancelled. Passengers will get the refunds in the same bank accounts from which the bookings has been made.
However, it is to be noted that when you cancel the tickets then you have to pay certain charges according to the seats you booked.
Meanwhile, IRCTC has recently launched a new method for booking rail tickets including Tatkal tickets. Taking advantage of the new service, IRCTC e-wallet users can now book rail e-tickets including Tatkal quota tickets through its mobile android app, IRCTC Rail Connect.
IRCTC e-wallet is a mode of payment which enables users to deposit money in advance with IRCTC. Below we have explained the way to pay for e-tickets via IRCTC e-wallet.
First the user needs to register them at IRCTC e-wallet facility through IRCTC website. According to IRCTC, a user can have a maximum of six banks in his or her preference list.
Passengers can book tickets by selecting IRCTC’s e-wallet service while making payments.
Earlier last month, IRCTC has changed rules of booking Tatkal, below is the quick recap of what IRCTC has changed:
1. AC Tatkal tickets booking will start from 10 am and non-AC ticket booking to begin at 11 am. You have to book the ticket a day before the travelling date.
2. If a train is more than three hours late, the passenger can claim complete refund of fare and Tatkal charges.
3. A passenger can claim a full refund if the train’s route is diverted and the passenger doesn’t want to travel on that route.
4. A passenger can claim refund on Tatkal tickets if the train’s route is diverted and the boarding station/destination or both are not on the diverted route.
5. A passenger can claim full refund if he/she is accommodated in lower class and doesn’t wish to travel in the lower class and the passenger has paid the difference if he/she agrees to travel in the lower class.
Customers face a lot of problem as Tatkal tickets get booked minutes after opening due to the quota opening.
Here’s how to book e-ticket?
Register by filling the required fields. Login by entering your user name and password.The “Plan my travel” page appears.If the From/To station selected by you are correct in the route of the train then :Select e-Ticket option.