How to register for SBI net banking online.
Earlier to avail the Net banking facility, one was required to visit the branch, submit the duly filed form, and wait to receive the pre-printed kit containing further instructions to activate the facility. Now, if you do not have the time to visit the branch, you register for the Net banking facility from home, completely online. Here is how you can do it.
Pre-requisite to register online
To register yourself online for Internet banking, there are certain conditions you must fulfil.
For instance, joint accountholders cannot avail this facility. They will still have to visit the bank branch to activate the net banking facility.
Another point to be noted is that your mobile number must be registered with the bank’s records and you must have an active ATM card. Further, make sure you have not already applied for the facility via the branch.
Now, follow these steps to register for the Net banking facility:
1. Visit www.onlinesbi.com
2. Click on ‘New User Activation/Registration’. A pop-up will appear on your screen asking you to ensure that you have not already obtained the Internet banking kit from the branch. Click ‘Ok’.
3. A new tab will open on your screen. As you are registering yourself for the first time, select ‘New User Registration’ and click on Next.
4. A new page will appear on your screen where you will be required to enter your details. You will have to enter your account number, CIF number, a five digit branch code, country, registered mobile number, facility required, and captcha code. You can find your account number, CIF number details, and branch code on the front page of your passbook.
Under the facility required option, you will have to select between full transactions right, limited transactions, and view. Also, if you cannot find the branch code printed in your passbook, you can use the ‘Get branch code’ option. You will have to enter the state and location, and then your branch code will be shown.
5. Click on ‘Submit’ after entering and checking that all the details mentioned by you are correct.
6. On successful submission, a one-time password (OTP) will be sent to your mobile. Enter the OTP and click on confirm.
7. Select the option ‘I have my ATM card (Online registration without branch visit)’ and click on Submit. You will be required to enter your ATM card details and captcha code. Click on submit.
8. On successful submission, your temporary username will be displayed and you will be asked to create your login password. Ensure that you have safely written this temporary username. Re-enter the password and click on submit.
The password must be at least 8 characters long and should be a combination of upper and lower case alphabets and at least one number and one special character.
9. Once you have successfully entered the login password, you will be advised to login to internet banking services after an hour as per SBI call centre. It will ask you to create a new username of your choice. Select the checkbox to accept the Internet banking terms and conditions. Click on submit button.
10. You will be asked to create a new login password and profile password. Remember these two passwords are different. Also, you will be required to select the secret question from the list and provide answer to them that can help you in future in case you forget your password.
11. Enter your date of birth, place, and country of birth and mobile number as registered in the bank’s record.
12. Click on Submit. Once these details are saved, you can use Internet banking facility.