Receiving spam calls is annoying and the problem is getting worse by the day. These pesky calls from telemarketers or strangers intersperse calls from our friends and family. In this case, there is only one option left to block such calls. So, if you are stuck in a similar situation, then TRAI has the answer for this with their official DND app that allows users to block and filter spam calls on our smartphone. Wondering how? Here’s our ready-to-use guide.
The TRAI’s app is available on both Android and iOS and can be downloaded using the respective app stores.
First things first:
The DND app allows users to set their DND preferences, lodge a UCC (Uniform Commercial Code) complaints related to the service provider and check the status of the complaints.
Having said that, most of the smartphone today comes with a built-in feature to block calls but all of them are software based, the TRAI DND app registers the phone number and activates the DND service on their respective SIM card.
Types of spam calls:
– Calls from real companies that actually try to call the consumers and want to sell their products.
– Calls from robots or automated calls that have pre-recorded message.
– Actual spam calls in which someone pretends to be FBI or from the bank or some other organisation and seek for your personal information such as the PIN, bank details and other information
Steps to follow:
- Download the app ‘TRAI DND 2.0 (Do Not Disturb) from your respective app store
2. Open the app and allow all the necessary permissions
3. Now, verify your phone number using OTP
4. Then, tap on the three horizontal bars from the top left corner
5. Head to ‘Settings’ and turn on ‘Detect Spam calls’ and Detect Spam Messages’ toggle
6. Now, enter the profile name and tap on ‘Update’ button
7. Then, tap on the option ‘Registration Status’ on tap on ‘Change Preference’ button
8. Select all the fields from which you receive most of the spam calls and click ‘Submit’
9. It will now send an SMS to start the service on your phone number.
10. Send the SMS and wait for the confirmation message
Once you’ve received the service activation message, the app will automatically filter and block all the calls.